About Us

Boys & Girls Clubs of San Leandro provides a life-changing club experience that assures success is within reach of every young person who enters our doors. All of our members are on track to graduate from high school with a plan for the future, how to demonstrate good character/citizenship, and live a healthy lifestyle.

Our Mission

The mission of the Boys & Girls Clubs of San Leandro is to inspire and enable all young people, especially those who need us most, to reach their full potential as productive, caring, responsible citizens. 

Our Leadership Team

Kim Pace

Chief Executive Officer

Akin Joseph

Chief Operating Officer

Priscilla Chen-Ok

Chief Financial Officer

Marshall Lott

Chief Programs Officer

Samantha Jeandebien

Director of Expanded Learning

Rooben Morgan

Director of Workforce Development

Stephanie Muñoz

Director of Human Resources

Jordan Montanino

Director of Development

Our Board Members

Tonya Saheli

Board President
Legal Mediation Offices of Tonya Saheli

Daryl Thomas

1st Vice President
Loan Officer

Shane Wakerling

Past Board President
Owner, General Roofing

Bob Duey

Retired Owner, Pharmacies
Board Member

Ivan Cornelius

Retired, Real Estate Development
Board Member

Karen Diaz

Karen Diaz & Associates
Board Member

Mike LeFaivre

Retired, Property Management
Board Member

Pete Ballew

2nd Vice President
board member

Dev Mahadevan

Retired CFO, Eden Hospital

Robert Winkler

The Law Offices of Robert Winkler
Board Member

Joel Burrows

Ghirardelli CEO
Board Member

Our Facilities

Boys & Girls Clubs of San Leandro offers a wide range of indoor and outdoors spaces that are ideal for events, meetings, and team building activities.

Facilities full map

Our History

September, 1945
Jerry Lyons, a youth-minded citizen and Father Manuel Alvernaz organized a group of boys into an informal recreational organization. By January 1946, the Club was organized into a Boys’ Club with a membership of 25 boys that increased to 200
September, 1945
July 8, 1947
Articles of Incorporation were filed in the office of California Secretary of State on July 8, 1947.
July 8, 1947
A new building was opened in 1960.
September 23, 1961
A modern Olympic-size swimming pool was constructed and dedicated on September 23, 1961.
September 23, 1961
November 22, 1966
The Boys’ Club entered into a lease with the City of San Leandro for property located at 401 Marina Blvd to construct November 22, 1966.
November 22, 1966
The Boys Club becomes coed, changing its name to the Boys & Girls Club.
Hillside School unit opens.
2007 and 2008
The Boys & Girls Club partners with San Leandro and San Lorenzo Unified School Districts to ASES and become the primary provider for after-school programs.
2007 and 2008
Club completes a $10.5+ million Capital Campaign.
Club reopens its building as a Teen Center and Community Hub.

Our Impact

Pie Chart

90% of youth who come the club graduate from high school and go on to achieve academic success

Pie Chart

90% of Club Members said they could go to a Boys & Girls Club staff member for help in a crisis situation

Find a Location near you

We have Boys and Girls Clubs located all around Alameda County.

Pumpkin Patch

Skip to content