Plans, implements, supervises and evaluates activities provided within a specific program area, such as Academic success, Healthy Lifestyles, Good Character and Citizenship.
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
- Ensure programs, services and activities are planned and implemented following the Boys & Girls Clubs youth development strategy
- Promoting safety of members and quality in programs at all times.
- Provide guidance and role modeling to members.
- Planning, organizing and implementing a wide range of program services and activities for members.
- Initiating new programs with the approval of the Site Director
- Promoting and stimulating program active participation.
- Manage assigned volunteers and staff, provide on-going feedback
- Supervises the children and communicates with staff, director, parents and teachers about students
- Coordinates and implements project based learning lesson plans
- Assists with Homework, tutoring, the Arts, Sports & Recreation, Gardening, Cooking etc.
- Work together with other staff members to achieve program goals
- Must be willing to communicate and problem solve issues that arise, both internally, within the staff, and externally: with the program
- May participate in special programs and/or events.
- May be required to drive Club van.
Internal: Maintain Close, daily contact with Club staff (professional and volunteers), Club members, and supervisor to receive / provide information, discuss issues, explain guidelines / instructions; instruct; and advise / counsel.
External: Maintain contact with external community groups, schools, members’ parents and others to assist in resolving problems.
- AA degree or higher preferred. In lieu of degree candidates must meet the minimum qualifications for an Instructional Assistant as per school district policy or 48 college units
- Minimum of one year experience in planning and implementing youth programs
- Knowledge of youth development
- Ability to motivate youth and manage behavior problems
- Ability to deal with the general public
- Ability to organize and supervise member in a safe environment
- Bi-lingual in Spanish is a plus
- CPR and First Aid Certifications
- Negative TB Result
- 2 valid US identification
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
In order to supervise program and interact with the children, Program Coordinator must be able to engage in high levels of physical activity, including running, jumping, throwing balls, occasional lifting of 50 lbs. or less. The workplace may be in a school setting utilizing a combination of indoor and outdoor; cold weather, warm weather conditions.
To Apply please email: email@example.com
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor is it to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all job duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.