Registration for current members will take place May 18th to May 22nd
Registration for new members will take place May 25th to May 29th
Space is limited. Space will not be saved for current members who do not register during slotted times.
The ASES (After School Education and Safety) Expanded Learning Program provides a safe, nurturing environment for 1,200 youth, ages 6 through 14, at 12 school sites, 10 elementary and 2 middle schools, in the San Leandro and San Lorenzo Unified School Districts, a 10+-year partnership. The Club serves another 100 kindergarten youth daily at five sites. Funded by a state grant that goes to the Districts and is redistributed to the Club, the ASES program provides a robust academic, healthy lifestyles and character and civic development program daily as well as on holidays to our youth guided by the California Department of Education’s Quality Program Standards.
Club youth enjoy a wide range of rich opportunities and experiences that include:
- 20 minute daily physical fitness
- Sports programming including flag football, basketball, and soccer that culminate in annual tournaments
- STEM programs that includes After Kidz Science lessons in earth, space, forensics, life, physical and green sciences; hands-on projects around themes that incorporate Math, engineering, science and technology
- Healthy Choices, Healthy Habits Program providing our youth experiences in gardening, cooking and nutrition in weekly classes as well as monthly parent-youth cooking classes
- Reading and Math Intervention Program for students struggling with literacy and Math
- Arts and crafts around monthly themes to encourage creativity and imagination
- Regular Basketball Leagues for upper elementary and middle school students
- Community service projects that are student designed and implemented to address critical community needs